“God desires unity,” says Bishop Ken Carter, a moderator on the Commission on a Way Forward.
Bishop Ken Carter is the episcopal leader of the Florida Conference. He also is one of three moderators of The Commission on a Way Forward and president-elect of The Council of Bishops of The United Methodist Church.
In a recently filmed video conversation, Bishop Carter lists seven reasons why he believes The United Methodist Church will remain united and why that’s a good thing.
- Consistent witness of scripture toward unity
- Our doctrine of grace.
- Persons in the LGBTQ community are present in our local churches among our clergy and laity.
- Our global mission incarnates the gospel across the world
- Younger generations are passionate about the unity of the church.
- There is a massive centrist experience.
- We want to avoid structural harm that would divert resources to the legal pursuit of division.
Click here to watch Carter’s full seven-minute presentation on the video.