Disaster responders in Texas and Louisiana are already in action to assist those in the path of Hurricane Harvey.
As The United Methodist Church conferences from across the country offer support and await an invitation to assist the Early Response Teams and disaster coordinators in Hurricane Harvey clean up and recovery, here’s
five Things You Can Do:
1. Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. Please also pray for the Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and many volunteers in The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church, Río Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church and Central Texas Conference who are working tirelessly to provide relief after Harvey.
2. Make relief kits http://www.umcor.org/…/Relief-S…/Relief-Supply-Kits/Cleaning
3. Give to UMCOR’s relief and recovery efforts with gifts to U.S. Disaster Response Advance #(#901670
4. Donate only those items requested.
5. Please wait for an invitation to volunteer.
UMCOR – United Methodist Committee On Relief is grateful for your relentless prayers and support.