Lovett H. Weems, Jr. outlines how his leadership was influenced by others in this Leading Ideas feature.
Lovett H. Weems, Jr., founding director of the Lewis Center for Church Leadership, recently shared leadership ideas particularly influential in his own ministry.
His top five leadership lessons underscore an approach to leadership that is centered on others and directed toward God’s ultimate will, even when the first faithful step is an incremental one.
The lessons …
- Leadership begins with the people God has given us.
- Leadership is helping God’s people take the next faithful step.
- The next faithful step may not be the next big step.
- “Leading” may be a better word than “leadership.”
- In groups there is more power for all to have.
READ MORE about what Dr. Weems has to say about these new understandings.