Registration for the 2018 Annual Conference opened on Thursday, March 1. Details here.
Members of the new Michigan Conference (Detroit and West Michigan Annual Conferences) are preparing to gather for the 2018 Michigan Annual Conference at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, May 31-June 3.
“ENGAGE with” will bring together these two annual conferences in Northern Michigan for a historic gathering of worship and fellowship. Historic because this will be the last time the Detroit Annual Conference and the West Michigan Annual Conference will meet as separate organizations. On January 1, 2019 life together as The Michigan Conference of The United Methodist Church begins.
Annual Conference 2018 starts with Opening Worship and Memorial Service on Thursday, May 31 at 10 am and concludes with the 2 pm Ordination Service on Sunday, June 3. Find a block schedule here.
Click here to register. Before you begin the registration process read the FAQ information provided which includes details about:
- Three shuttle lines, with coach buses picking passengers up from 10 points of departure for travel to Grand Traverse Resort
- Onsite and offsite lodging options
- Dining options including a summary of special focus meals
- Onsite Childcare
- Pre-Conference opportunities: workshops, golf scramble, 5k run/walk/bike, and sightseeing
- Friday evening (free night) possibilities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Expense details for Retirees and Lay Equalization Members
Information and registration can also be found at 2018.michiganumc.org. More details will be added as planning moves forward.