Did you know that there are nine Native American churches/ministries in the Michigan Conference?
There are nine Native American churches/ministries around this state that sink their roots deep into United Methodist heritage.
Three of the communities have related to CONAM, the Committee on Native American Ministries of the Detroit Conference:
- Zeba Indian Mission UMC, L’anse
- Oscoda Indian Mission UMC
- Saganing Native American Learning Center, Standish
Six have comprised the West Michigan Indian Workers Conference:
- Northport Indian Mission UMC/Spirit Journey
- Kewadin Indian Mission UMC
- Greensky Hill Indian Mission UMC, Charlevoix
- Mt. Pleasant Chippewa Indian UMC
- Salem Indian Mission UMC, Hopkins
- Bradley Indian Mission UMC, Shelbyville
Click here for a map of the route, with thanks to Jim Searls.
Half of your gifts on Native American Ministries Sunday stay within the Michigan Conference for grants to these and other Native American ministries.
Native American Ministries Sunday is April 15, 2018. Click here for a Leader Kit with resources to promote this important special offering. Please give generously, not just to honor the past but to support a vital future for these brothers and sisters in Christ.