From north to south and east to west, Michigan’s new districts are coming together this spring.
On July 1, 2018 the nine new districts of the Michigan Conference will be fully functioning. That means there is some organizing to do in the next few months leading up to the 2018 Michigan Annual Conference.
To that end, new district gatherings are scheduled for April and May around the state:
- District # 1: April 21st, 1:00 – 3:00 pm at Connections Center in Marquette
- District # 2: April 22nd, 3:00 – 5:00 pm at Gaylord First UMC
- District # 3: April 21st, 9:30 am – Noon at Midland First UMC
- District # 4: April 22nd, 4:00 – 5:30 pm at Greenville UMC
- District # 5: April 28th, 10:00 am – Noon at Owosso First UMC
- District # 6: April 22nd, 3:00 – 5:00 pm at Lapeer Trinity UMC
- District # 7: May 12th, 9:30 am – Noon at Portage Pathfinder UMC
- District # 8: April 27th, 6:30 – 8:30 pm at Jackson First UMC
- District # 9: April 28th, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, Troy: Korean UMC
Click here for the District website that has more details. Click each district name above to go to the individual district pages.
The incoming Superintendent will preside at these gatherings. The agenda will include Worship/Devotions, selection of the new district name, election of officers, visioning, budget issues, and initial planning.
Mark calendars now and do some creative thinking about names. Click here for a reflection by D.S. John Hice regarding, “What’s in a name?”